Terms and conditions
for adidas Wretch 32 t-shirt competition
Please read these terms and conditions (Terms) carefully. The Terms contain important information. By participating in this promotion, each participant declares to agree to the applicability of the Terms.
1. The Terms apply to the adidas Wretch 32 t-shirt competition (Promotion) by adidas International Trading B.V. (Promoter), located at Hoogoorddreef 9a, 1101 BW Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
2. The Promotion is aimed at the promotion of products sold under the label of adidas.
3. The Promotion starts on 14th August 2012 and ends on 13th September 2012.
4. The Terms are available at the following websites: www.adidas.co.uk/shop. Please print and retain a copy of these Terms for your records.
5. The Promotion is open to all individuals who are residents of the United Kingdom and that have reached the age of 16, with the exception of the persons mentioned in clause 6 hereof. Individuals of 16 and 17 years old can only participate after consent of their parent(s), guardian or legal representative. Promoter may request written proof of such consent. Individuals of 15 years or younger are under all circumstances excluded from participation.
6. Participation is excluded for (a) employees of Promoter or its agents and their first and second degree family members, as well as (b) anyone else who is directly or indirectly professionally connected with the Promotion and their family members.
7. The Promotion will open on 14th August 2012 at 00.01am and close on 13th September 2012 at 23.59pm (Promotional Period). All entries received after lapse of the Promotional Period are excluded from participation and will not be taken into consideration.
8. Participating in the Promotion takes place by:
a. visiting the adidas online store at www.adidas.co.uk/shop (Website) during the Promotional Period; and
b. purchasing any item(s) from the adidas Originals range. All products can be found here http://www.adidas.co.uk/originals/Originals,en_GB,sc.html?grid=true.
c. entering the requested personal data; and
d. accepting and adhering to these Terms unconditionally; and
9. No other means for entries will be accepted than set out in clause 8. Incomplete entries are not valid and will not be accepted.
10. One entry per person. If more than one entry is received, only the first entry will be accepted.
11. Proof of purchase may be required.
12. The Promotion provides for a chance to win a prize. There will be one (1) prize, an adidas Originals t-shirt signed by Wretch 32 with a value of £50 per prize (Prize).
13. The winner will be selected in a random draw to take place by an independent person or by a computer process on or around 14th September 2012. Promoter will notify and instruct each winner how to claim the Prize by email within one week after the draw regarding delivery of the Prize.
14. The winner can claim a Prize until 7 days after the notification as set out in clause 13 after which date the right to a Prize can no longer be exercised. The prize will be dispatched to the winner within 14 days after claiming the Prize.
15. A Prize cannot be exchanged for another prize. A Prize is personal and non-transferable. The winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the Prize on an internet auction site).
16. A Prize is indivisible and can only be accepted as granted.
17. Promoter reserves the right to modify or withdraw a Prize. The alternative prize will be of at least an equivalent or greater value.
18. Prizes that are not redeemed for whatever reason remain the property of the Promoter. In case of a rejection of a Prize, the Prize also falls to Promoter.
19. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to confirm acceptance of the Prize within 7 days of notification or cannot make use of the Prize for any reason, Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner and the original winner will forfeit the Prize.
20. All intellectual property rights relating to the Promotion and the entries are the property of Promoter. It is prohibited to reproduce or publish anything relating to the Promotion without the prior explicit written consent of Promoter.
21. By participating in the Promotion, participant agrees to Promoter using free of charge participant’s name, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for publicity and news purposes during the Promotion and any future promotion or advertising.
22. Promoter is authorised to remove from, shorten or amend entrees in text or image on the Website.
Limitation of liability
23. Promoter is not responsible or liable for costs or expenses of participants in connection with or relating to participating in the Promotion. The costs of the use of internet are for the account of the participants.
24. Promoter is not responsible and excludes any liability for (i) network- (cable, internet or other relevant networks), computer hardware or software disruptions of whatever nature which might lead to a limited, delayed or lost entry, (ii) other problems or calamities, of whatever nature, that are connected with the functioning of the network (cable, internet or other network), the Website, computer hardware or software, and (iii) mistakes in the entering or processing of personal data, except in case of gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Promoter.
25. Promoter is not responsible or liable for on any incompatibility between technologies used, in the broadest sense, during the Promotion and the hardware and software configuration used by the participants.
26. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, neither Promoter nor any agencies involved in the Promotion are responsible or liable for any loss, damages or injury caused by participation in the Promotion.
27. Where a Prize is delivered to the winner by post, Promoter is not liable for the acts or omissions of any courier or mail delivery.
28. By participating in the Promotion participants' personal data are processed by Promoter, the controller of the personal data, and also by Promoters’ agency involved in administering the Promotion.
29. Participants' personal data shall be processed for the purpose of participating in the Promotion only and will only be retained as long as necessary for such purpose (i.e. until 3 months after the end of the Promotion). Participants can request access to and/or rectification of their personal data. For these purposes participants can contact Promoter at the below address or by e-mailing dataProtection@adidas-Group.com.
30. At all times Promoter reserves the right to exclude participants with invalid or false entries or invalid or false personal information from participation.
31. Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by Promoter to be in violation of these Terms; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Promoter to be disruptive.
32. Promoter is authorized at all times on reasonable grounds to exclude or disqualify participants without a right of recourse against Promoter.
33. Promoter reserves the right to exclude participants in case of (suspicion of) foul play, fraud, or any (other) breach of the Terms without a right of recourse against Promoter. Organised or collective participation of the Promotion shall be regarded as a breach of the Terms.
34. This Promotion is void where the Promotion is prohibited. It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure their legal eligibility to participate.
35. No rights can be derived from the Promotion or its result other than set out in these Terms.
Applicable law / disputes
36. The decision of Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into relating the result of the Promotion.
37. If any clause of these Terms is found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that clause shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining clauses shall continue in full force and effect.
38. The Terms are governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands. Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Terms shall in the first instance be submitted to and settled by the competent courts of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, provided that this shall not preclude or prejudice the right of the participant to take any legal proceedings in another court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with applicable mandatory law.
39. Promoter reserves the right at all times to terminate, break off or amend the Promotion or the Terms for no reason at all without any liability to the participants or any third party. A revised version of the Terms will be published on the Website.
40. Complaints or questions relating to the Terms and the Promotion can be submitted in writing to adidas International Trading B.V., to the attention of the Legal Department, Hoogoorddreef 9a, 1101 BA, Amsterdam Z-O, the Netherlands.